Knit Companion -Basics December 14th Thursday 6-8pm
Instructor: Aimee M. (12)
December 14th Thursday 6-8pm
knitCompanion is an app that can help streamline your knitting & crochet projects. The software can help you organize your patterns, keep track of your progress, calculate increases & decreases, and much more. In this two-session class, we’ll give you an overview of knitCompanion, and teach you helpful tips & tricks to get the most out of it.
App details: There are free and paid versions of knitCompanion app. You can participate in the class with the free version, however many of the features that will be demonstrated are included in the paid version only. Learn more at their website: knitcompanion.com. For roughly $20/year, we can highly recommend treating yourself to the full version.
- Overview of knitCompanion
- Linking to Ravelry and Dropbox
- Importing a pdf pattern
- Setting up a project
- Rotate pattern pages
- Project notes
- Project timer
- Quick keys
- Adding highlights
Materials you will need for class:
- Fully charged device with internet connection. Click here for supported devices. Apple iPad or Android tablet highly recommended.
- Most current version of the knitCompanion app already installed on your device. Click here for download information.
- Apple Pencil or stylus is helpful but not required
- Power cord
- Your Ravelry login information (if you’d like to import your patterns from Ravelry)
NOTE: This class will be taught on an Apple iPad, however, Android tablets are welcome. You should be comfortable using your device, including connecting to the internet, navigating between applications, logging into Ravelry, etc.